Regensburg a booming city
Slogan: "Among the finest on the Danube."
Regensburg is one of Germany's most exciting cities – a phenomenon whatever your perspective.
Whether as a centre of business or science, a magnet for tourists or a place to live with an outstanding quality of life: Regensburg will win you over at every level. It also offers major potential for development – not least in terms of its property market.
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- Capital of the Upper Palatinate region
- Fourth-largest city in Bavaria
- Bavaria's biggest shipping port
- Over 150,000 inhabitants; 600,000 within the catchment area
- An academic city with three universities and a student population of over 28,000
- Highest gross domestic product in the whole of Bavaria
- Strongest economic growth of all German cities in 2011
- Home to blue-chip companies such as BMW, CONTINENTAL and OSRAM
- 1,400 listed buildings
- 9 theatres and 20 museums
- More than 500 bars, restaurants and cafés in the town centre